Are you an academic professional who is just starting out and would like to work at a leading university? If so, a place on the two-year LDE traineeship offered by Leiden University, TU Delft and Erasmus University Rotterdam (LDE) may be just what you are looking for!
What you will do on the LDE traineeship
As a trainee, you will have a unique opportunity to develop professionally and personally within an academic and dynamic environment. The positions available are extremely varied but every one of them offers you the trainee an opportunity for connection, cross-fertilisation and renewal, ensuring you make an active contribution. For example, you can set to work as:
- Strategic Development Project Secretary
- Project Manager in a faculty
- Education & Student Affairs Policy Adviser/Consultant
- Business Analyst at central level
- Project Assistant within an LDE centre on strategic themes, such as diversity or internationalisation
- Process Optimisation Consultant, possibly in the field of services
- Supervisor for implementation programmes from central to faculty level
- Financial trainee, focusing on the position of Business Controller, with the training programme including a blend of central and faculty activities.
In addition to your specific position, you will take part in an intensive training programme and have regular peer-to-peer learning sessions with fellow LDE trainees.
What we ask of you
You must have completed an academic Master's degree programme by the start of the traineeship in September. You will also have no more than two years’ work experience and, in addition to your degree programme, will have administrative, international or other relevant work experience. You have a high level of self-reliance and can be employed flexibly across a wide area. You are also proactive in terms of thought and action, willing to go beyond your comfort zone, can reflect on your own actions and are capable of performing at different levels. You will be selected on the competencies: analytical thought, cooperation, initiative, focus on results and self-reflection.
The universities are committed to diversity and aim to ensure that their staff are an accurate reflection of wider society.
What we offer
- Interesting positions at one or several leading universities.
- A two-year training and professional development programme with fellow trainees, supervised by a leading educational institute.
- Peer-to-peer learning with your fellow trainees and the option of meetings with a mentor.
- Job rotation after a year, between institutions or within the university.
- Two one-year appointments for 38 hours per week (1.0 FTE).
- A salary based on scale 10.0 in the first year (€ 2,588 gross p/m) and scale 10.1 in (€ 2,709 gross p/m) in the second year for a full-time appointment.
- An attractive package of employment benefits (Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch universities).
Want to start work as an LDE trainee?
We will be starting with a new cohort of trainees from 1 September 2019. You can apply between mid-April and mid-May 2019. Exact dates and details of the application procedure can be found on this website from mid-April.
For this traineeship, you apply to one of the three universities. You will therefore need to choose the university at which you would like to start the first year of the LDE traineeship. The links below provide the information you need for each university, such as how the application process works and relevant dates. If you are allocated a position in the training programme, a development assessment will follow.
No recruitment agencies please
Information for employers at Leiden University, TU Delft and Erasmus University Rotterdam Traineeship:
Do you work at one of the three universities and have a position to offer a trainee from 1 September 2019? If so, we would like to discuss the options. Please contact the training coordinator at your own university before May 2019:
- Leiden University: Alex Vernooij
- TU Delft: Gytha Rijnbeek
- Erasmus University Rotterdam: Mariëlle van den Oever