In the Strategic Alliance of Leiden University, Delft University of Technology and Erasmus University Rotterdam three world class universities collaborate in research, education and valorization. Our mission is to contribute to the academic, social, and economic challenges of our time. We develop - together with our regional public and private stakeholders - new scientific insights and practical solutions that will be relevant for the region of South Holland and for all urban areas around the world.
The value of further internationalisation is widely acknowledged, and extensive support is provided to international faculty and staff, diverse in talents, gender, and nationality, when coming to and settling in The Netherlands. Recruiting excellent global talents is one, but retaining them and have them happily integrate in the (academic) community and develop their skills increasingly involves addressing the needs and interests of a family as well.
The three universities all provide dual-career assistance to spouses and partners of international faculty and staff. The envisaged 3-step-approach comprises firstly of a general intake meeting with one of the career & mobility advisors, if necessary followed by additional trainings i.e. workshops to improve certain competencies. Learning (some) Dutch could be an important factor. Finally, the third step of setting up and running a Dual Career Network is what the three universities want to initiate together. Matching partner potential with the respective potential university networks consisting of over 2,000 companies and organisations within the region is going to be one of the main challenges for the new LDE Business Relations Officer [BRO] we are looking for.
The BRO we are looking for is a can-do networker pur sang. In your first year of employment, you will liaise with the several university networks in- and externally, engaging them in joint efforts to offer access to gainful employment. You are eager and creative in spotting opportunities to expand the Dual Career Network, and build structural relationships that are of mutual use to all stakeholders. As an LDE Ambassador, you also clarify the importance and strengths of the cooperation between our three universities.
You assist all nominated candidates in identifying career development opportunities and how to make meaningful connections that enhance their professional pursuits. Organizing events, creating a community for this talent pool, and -if needed- setting up a (searchable) database are part of the job. You will organize at least one network event before the end of 2018 to 'test the waters'.
And your performance creates your own possibilities.
You will discuss your progress and (new) ideas for the DCN regularly. After the first 9 months of your appointment, a short evaluation has to be offered to the LDE Steering Committee. It will detail how you started this third step of building a network, how you envisage year two of the DCN, and contain a fair estimate of costs involved. It will be the basis for the LDE Committee to decide on extension of your employment with another year.
- displayed success in building and sustaining business networks
- the organizational sensitivity to operate within a multiple university framework
- an overt personality, well able to interact with all kinds of clients and stakeholders (both Dutch and international)
- excellent English language skills (C1); Dutch (at least at B2 level) is a requirement
- entrepreneurial spirit
- a commitment to quality and excellence
- demonstrated international working experience at academic level in large (+500) organizations
- ample experience in HRM, preferably in full cycle recruitment, will be considered an asset
- some knowledge of job-databases and its ICT components
- Opportunity to start up a new Dual Career Network of three leading Dutch universities
- Lead your business and grow networks from the start
- Professional Career & Mobility staff to facilitate you
- A challenging, rewarding and enjoyable environment that is highly internationally orientated
- Regular reviews and appraisals
- Access to university facilities such as the Training & Language Centre, Sports centre, library
- Work/Life balance flexibility with a 32-40 hour working week (open for discussion)
- Good remuneration, excellent secondary employee benefits following the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (CLA). The salary is based on knowledge and experience, and amounts to max EUR 4,084.- gross per month (scale 10) for a fulltime 38 hour per week appointment.
The appointment will be for 12 months to start with. You will be appointed by one of the participating universities and report regularly. Continuation of your appointment for another year will be subject to your performance, the acceptance of your plans for year two and the ensuing availability of financial means.
This vacancy is advertised both internally and externally at the same time. However, internal candidates from one of the three universities will be given priority. Please note this is a temporary position.
Please submit a motivation and your CV to Ms. M. van Leeuwen, using the blue APPLY button of the application system, no later than 31 July 2018. If you require additional information, you may contact her by phone (Mon-Thu): +31 71 527 3051.