The Leiden-Delft-Erasmus Centre for Education and Learning Annual Meeting is a yearly event where we showcase our achievements and plans for the year to come. Each year we pick a different theme that we explore together with keynote speakers, workshops and panels. This year's theme will be ‘Reflection with/on EdTech’.
This year's Annual meeting is linked to ‘100 days of Reflection’, organized in cooperation with 4TU.Centre for Engineering Education and the Teaching Academy of the TU Delft.
In this Annual Meeting we will explore what role EdTech can play in several aspects of reflection: reflection on educational design, delivery of education and evaluation, but also on the learning process and development of the students.
10:00 Introduction and word of welcome by LDE CEL Director Marcus Specht
10.15 – 11.00 Keynote Dr. Martine Baars: The self in supporting self-regulated learning
11:00 – 11:45 Workshops Student opportunities and challenges for reflection
- Reframing Education, the quantified student - Eric Slaats (Fontys Hogeschool ICT)
- Blended Learning - Wiebe Dijkstra (Teaching & Learning Services TU Delft)
- Gamification of Learning - Alex Whitcomb & Koen Swinnen (ErasmusX)
More engagement, more social interactions and may we say a little more fun? Learning via a game-based digital escape room.
Chatbots for Goal Setting and student well-being - Ujwal Gadiraju & Gabrielle Martins Van Jaarsveld (TUD/(LDE CEL)
11.45 – 12.00 Short break
12:00 – 12.45 Keynote Donald Clark: AI changes Everything - AI is already used by almost all learners in the form of search and mediated interfaces. It is also being used to create, deliver and curate learning experiences.
12:45 – 13.45 Lunch break
13.45 – 14.30 Workshops LDE CEL
- Game-Based Learning - Simon Tiemersma
- Virtual Reality for Learning - Nesse van der Meer
- Learning Analytics what does it do and does it help - Manuel Valle Torre - Marcus Specht
- Peer Assessment and Peer Review - Gillian Saunders
14.30-15.00 Coffee Break
15.00 – 15:45 Keynote Annique de Bruin: Worth the effort. The self-regulation of desirable difficulties."
15.45 – 16:00 Henk Dekker award online ceremony
16:00 Wrap up