LDE NL Space Campus Summer School 2022
From June 26 till July 1 LDE NL Space Campus will organize a summer school for students who are interested in the Dutch space sector.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
During the week you will meet and learn about the various space programs, developments and research activities at the Leiden Delft and Erasmus universities and go on a tour of space agencies, institutes and industry in South-Holland, including (among others): ESA ESTEC, SRON, TNO, AirbusDS, SBIC, Galileo Reference Centre and off course the three universities tehmselves. Starting at the NL Space Campus in Noordwijk at ESA-ESTEC, the technical heart of ESA, you will tour the cities of Leiden and Delft before returning to Noordwijk. During the week, you will meet many experts, learn about the basics and recent developments. This way you can work on your team’s challenge fully prepared.
The week also includes several fun and non-space events. You will get to know the other participants as well as learn about each other’s strengths, knowledge and approaches to problem solving. This is important because you will need to combine your strengths to work in interdisciplinary teams to solve space sector challenges that require insight and knowledge from different backgrounds. You will therefore grow many (soft)skills such as collaboration, communication and creative thinking.
To stimulate team building, socialising and networking, we have included teambuilding, workshops and collaborative activities. These are combined with project team building, networking drinks, a project presentation and an open barbecue with many networking possibilities at the end of the week.
WHY APPLY FOR THE LDE NL SPACE CAMPUS SUMMER SCHOOL?
- Connect with and meet like-minded students from different universities and the space sector
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary team to solve challenges that the space market is currently facing
- Learn about the activities, developments and challenges in the Dutch space sector
- Broaden your network with experts from renowned companies in the space sector
- Build your CV with working in teams and on challenge proposals
- Find out how and where you can work in the Dutch space sector
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO TO GET ADMITTED?
- Applications are open for 2nd, 3rd and 4th-year bachelor students and master students of any course that are registered at a Dutch University (of Applied Sciences)
- Apply before April 24 and dedicate your time fully during the 6 days of Summerschool
- Motivate your application and indicate which of the project topics have your interest the most
- Get selected for the summer school
- Pay a fee, which includes lunch, dinner, activities and closing party (see application process below)
- Most importantly: have fun, connect and get inspired!
Note: Participants will be selected on motivation and study background to have sufficient participants from the different backgrounds for the interdisciplinary projects.